Click Here to listen: March IC_Beth Azor
I had a GREAT conversation with Beth Azor, a local commercial real estate executive, uber job creator, serial mentor and nationally-known entrepreneur. If you want a fast track into the job market for your student (or for yourself), this teleseminar is a must for your ears (and your student’s!). So grab a pen and paper and take copious notes. There may be as much value in the next 33 minutes as tomorrow morning’s Squawk Box!
Summary of our conversation:
1. Shadow someone, get an internship and volunteer your time. You’ll get that paid job sooner!
2. Being bi-lingual and learning Spanish can not only get you the job but allow you to earn more money! (My comment: don’t give up Spanish in high school, even if you’ve met your requirement).
3. Be assertive when looking for community service hours. Make the call yourself (don’t have mom or dad call).
4. Use common courtesy when interviewing (Hint: Send handwritten thank you notes).
5. A great way to volunteer your time and serve the community in a fantastic, much needed fashion is through The HOPE Outreach Center. Visit www.hopeoutreachfl.org for more info and ways to get involved.
We also discussed the Azor Career Academy, an upcoming, all-day career event taking place April 8 at Nova Southeastern University. HIRING MANAGERS WILL BE ON SITE. For more info, visit www.AzorAdvisoryServices.com.
Thanks, Beth, for your helpful insight!
Grab a soda or latte, click on the link below and listen in.